Michigan Townhalls

District Overview
What unique experience do you bring to the position that will make you the best representative for Eaton County?

I have done canvasing before on multiple campaigns, especially for the Bernie primary campaign where my office knocked on 24,000 doors (not 2,400), and in that, met and talked to people all of Eaton and the surrounding area.

I also would like to add that with my young age, I'm 22, the old, wise, and full of experience man that I am (not), I will own the fact that I am the most moldable and adaptable candidate for a changing Michigan and that I'm the one to help carry Eaton County to a better progressive and stable future.
What unique experience do you bring to the position that will make you the best representative for Eaton County?

I have been thinking for days about how to answer this important question.

I bring the experience of a technical writer who has spent many hours of professional life breaking down complex concepts into individual parts or steps. As a technical trainer, I also have experience easing people through their transition to change. Change is external; how we adapt to that change is internal. Everyone transitions with change differently.

With both writing and training, you have to be intensely focused on the needs of the audience.

A Representative for other citizens must be intensely focused on the needs of their constituents as well.

But there are other experiences I have that make me not unique so much as one of your neighbors. I am a mother of young children and a daughter of parents who need more support in their elder years. I have been an employee, a contractor, and a small business owner. I have been a college student, a property owner, and a community organizer. I grocery shop. I visit libraries. I eat in local restaurants.

These experiences are not unique to me, but shared. I share these responsibilities, roles, and experiences with my friends and neighbors in District 71.

Hopefully you will see something of yourself in me as a Representative for you in Lansing.